Sunday, October 12, 2008

Best Tortilla Soup Ever

Spot the Black Bat and Win!
Diane wanted the recipe to my best tortilla soup ever. I do not usually follow recipes but this is what I believe I did:
4 chicken breasts
can of corn with juice
can of olives with juice
can of chili beans
2 celery stalks diced
1 carrot diced
1 garlic bouillon cube
1 tomato bouillon cube
2 chicken bouillon cubes
paprika
chili power
cilantro
mexican oregano
bay leaf
half a small jar of mild salsa
water to fill the pot
I threw it all in a crock pot on low for 9 hours. Garnish with grated cheese, tortilla chips, avocados and sour cream as desired.

2 comments:

Stitchen - Custom Embroidery said...

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh Thanks Kandas. This sounds so yummy. I will let you know when I make it. :)

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

YUM!

And My MIL use to be in toastmasters. I had not heard of it until she was in it.

I am making the rounds introducing myself to those in the Santa Soriee! I am looking forward to the season, the reason and the fun! Drop by my island if you get a chance...have a good week