Thursday, October 2, 2008

New Blog

Sometimes I feel like blogging about "stuff" that really isn't appropriate for my business blog, nor the other blogs for which I write. Sometimes I just want to get "stuff" off my chest.

I am a mom, a Girl Scout leader, a business owner, a daughter, a sister, a wife, a student of life, a reader, a crocheter, a Sci Fi fan, a walker, a Toastmaster, an American, a blogger.

I have not decided what to call this blog. Whatever name is thrown up there right now is only temporary. It will probably change half a dozen times before I settle on something.

Today, when I should have been working, I decided to make this penny rug coaster. I am teaching myself the art of penny rug making. I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. But, I'm enjoying it. Hopefully, my blanket stitches will improve with practice.

I also finished listening to The Salmon of Doubt by Douglas Adams. It's a collection of essays and short stories that were compiled by his wife and editor after his death. I think my husband would really enjoy listening to it, so I'm going to share it with him. FYI - Adams is the author of The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy series.

Shhhh... don't tell my husband/business partner that I was crafting and listening to Douglas Adams on the job!

3 comments:

Stitchen - Custom Embroidery said...

Awesome Kandas.
Hey, tell us about this rug. I don't think I have ever hear of it.

Jill said...

I wont tell, if you don't tell mine how much time I spend reading blogs,

Kandas | GratitudeGeek said...

Penny Rugs are a colonial craft made from felt and fabric. Here are some on etsy.